Kazan Law Interviewing Product Identification Investigators
Kazan, McClain, Satterley & Greenwood, a Professional Law Corporation, has represented thousands of people suffering from the effects of asbestos related illnesses, particularly mesothelioma, since 1974. We are nationally recognized pioneers in asbestos litigation and currently interviewing Product Identification Investigators to join our Oakland, California based team.
The Product Identification Investigator (PID) provides support to supervising attorneys and paralegals by researching client exposure to asbestos products. Direction is given by PID Manager and Supervising Partner.
- Ability to work under pressure due to time and content sensitive deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills essential; computer literacy required.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Detail oriented with the ability to think and problem solve logically and creatively.
- Pro-active approach to workload.
- Some local travel necessary, with occasional possibility of travel elsewhere in California or out-of-state.
- Must be able to establish and foster working relationships with attorneys, paralegals, investigators and support personnel.
- Prior experience working in asbestos litigation strongly desired.
- Prior experience working in a legal, investigative, research or labor union environment desired.
- Experience with research and interview skills and techniques preferred.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Interview clients about their work history and exposure to asbestos;
- Locate and interview witnesses;
- Research clients’ work sites to determine how they functioned and what asbestos products were present;
- Perform library and on-line research;
- Develop other sources of information as needed;
- Attend and perform document reviews to identify relevant and useful documents.
- Prepare summaries of witness interviews;
- Prepare product identification summaries;
- Word-process documents pertaining to on-going investigations;
- Assist in preparing subpoenas;
- Assist paralegals in formulating questions for interrogatories and RPD’s;
- Assist in answering discovery.
- Monitors and evaluates progress in identifying products and locating witnesses for multiple cases;
- Interacts with clients as needed;
- Keeps the case team members informed of research progress.
- Maintains in-progress investigative case files;
- Assists in the building of the firm’s product identification library;
- Prepares pertinent correspondence as required.
Other Duties as assigned
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a resume to the attention of the Human Resources Manager at HRM@kazanlaw.com.
Equal Employment Opportunities
Kazan, McClain, Satterley & Greenwood provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kazan, McClain, Satterley & Greenwood complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.