IT and Facilities Administrator Recruitment
Kazan, McClain, Satterley & Greenwood, a Professional Law Corporation, has represented thousands of people suffering from the effects of asbestos related illnesses, particularly mesothelioma, since 1974. We are nationally recognized pioneers in asbestos litigation and currently interviewing an IT/Facilities Administrator to join our Oakland, California based team.
The Information Technology and Facilities Administrator provides a broad range of IT and facilities duties. Under the general direction of the Director of Information Technology, this position is responsible for organization-wide coordination and implementation of technology and facilities needs to support the operations of the Firm. The incumbent will provide IT support not limited to workstations, basic network and telephone systems, remote users, etc. The incumbent will effectively interface with staff and diagnose issues, and follow best practices to isolate and effectively resolve them.
The position is also responsible for planning and organizing the day-to-day site administration and maintenance. This role may serve as liaison between the Firm and building management, ensuring that jobs are completed efficiently and within regulatory guidelines and projected times, addressing and supporting the occupancy needs of onsite lines of business, preparing and administering the oversight for the facilities maintenance, operations, mailroom and custodial and other duties as necessary to ensuring the optimal utilization of contractors, vendors and other resources.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide help desk support for troubleshooting workstations, networks, software applications, telephone, copiers and other technologies for employees, responding in a timely manner. .
- Ensures the delivery of quality technology and support through effective needs assessment, and system design, and selection and implementation processes.
- Oversees security and privacy of the information systems, on premise and cloud-based backup systems, communication lines, and equipment in partnership with the Director of Information Technology.
- Ensure smooth delivery and operation of IT services by monitoring systems and performance.
- Manage hardware and software solutions to ensure company operations are always efficiently running in collaboration with the Director of Information Technology.
- Work with the Human Resources Director for onboarding/offboarding employees with company issued property.
- After-hours work may be required to monitor and address alarms or notifications of malfunctioning or compromised equipment in order to ensure maximum availability to IT resources for staff and stakeholders.
- Assist in instructing staff in the use of standard business and administrative software, provides instruction or written documentation where required.
- Provide immediate, high urgency support to all staff.
- Assist with the research of new or upgraded hardware and software systems; maintain current knowledge of hardware, software and network technology and recommend modifications as necessary.
- Carry out equipment installation, following established procedures to deliver consistent reliable end-user work environments.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all IT policies and procedures regarding documentation, labeling, asset tracking and quality assurance.
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all organizational matters and refer questionable matters to the Director of Information Technology.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Perform general facility maintenance, including, but not limited to, assembling office furniture, updating telephone systems, copier and printer maintenance, building access cards, and other facilities matters, as needed.
- Collaborates with others (i.e. lines of business, building management, vendors, contractors, etc.) for the purpose of implementing and maintaining services and/or other programs. Maintains relationships with customers, employees, and outside vendors for printing, office supplies, furniture, equipment, mail service, custodial, security, vending, janitorial service, maintenance and repairs, etc. as directed by the Human Resources Director.
- .Prepare workstations for new hires to ensure cleanliness and inclusion of nameplates, keys, waste baskets and other standard supplies and equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be extremely organized, self-motivated, problem solver, with strong customer service, project management, verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to work independently with little supervision, and be willing to take ownership of the job
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Able to prioritize tasks according to business needs.
- Ability to maintain professionalism at all times and under stressful situations
- Must be proficient in Microsoft client and server software, including Windows 10, Office 365 and Active Directory 2016.. Must have some knowledge and experience with configuring and maintaining networking systems. Requires experience with typical office equipment (i.e. fax machine, telephone, copier, etc.), and presentation equipment. Experience with VMWare, Veeam or similar backup solutions, PBX phone systems, Canon multi-function devices, Cisco/ Meraki switches, Fortinet or similar firewall and client security technology, SQL server, Exchange, and SAN technology desired. Familiarity with legal technology such as document management systems and litigation support tools a plus,
- Must be comfortable learning new technology quickly.
- Strong work and business ethics. Must be able to work overtime or during off-business hours, when necessary.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position, which involves the ability to operate and manipulate standard office equipment; may be required to frequently lift and/or move heavy equipment; must be able to frequently reach, bend and/or balance.
Training & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum four (4) years help desk or technical support role in a Microsoft domain environment preferred.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people, using both verbal and written means.
- Exceptional Customer Service and Teamwork orientation, with the ability to function in a diverse and integrated team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, business, or related field, or equal experience in lieu of education.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to the attention of the Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Priority Consideration for applications received by January 10, 2021.
Only interviewed candidates will be contacted directly. We reserve the right to modify this posting as needed.
Our firm employees enjoy a competitive and generous benefits package, which includes life, health, dental and vision insurance, a generous pension plan, disability insurance, short and long term care coverage, flexible spending accounts and parking/commuter benefits. Salary will be commensurate with candidate’s level of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunities:
Kazan, McClain, Satterley & Greenwood provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kazan, McClain, Satterley & Greenwood complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation.