Legal Secretary Recruitment
Kazan, McClain, Satterley & Greenwood, a Professional Law Corporation, has represented thousands of people suffering from the effects of asbestos related illnesses, particularly mesothelioma, since 1974. We are nationally recognized pioneers in asbestos litigation and currently interviewing Legal Assistants to join our Oakland, California based team.
The Legal Secretary provides administrative support to a litigation team by assisting in the preparation of materials related to case litigation.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Ability to work independently and carry out assignments to completion with minimal instruction and supervision.
● Ability to work under pressure and to meet sensitive deadlines.
● Experience with business software such as Microsoft Office Suite, Best Authority and document management systems.
● Excellent word processing skills.
● Excellent online and other computer-related research skills.
● Fluent in Spanish a plus, but not required.
● Experience in a law firm setting.
● College graduate or equivalent experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As directed by the case supervising attorney, duties may include, but are not limited to:
● Prepares, edits, files and serves motions, pleadings and other litigation materials related thereto, seeing to it all legal requirements are met.
● May be responsible for following up on actions of the court with attorneys or paralegals assigned to cases to ensure that decisions are implemented, materials and documents prepared and appropriate parties notified.
● May be asked to attend meetings to take notes or furnish information and participate.
● Answer department phones, referring calls or messages to proper persons for resolution.
● Files documents in court; orders case related documents; drafts charts and summaries and covers for secretaries in other departments.
● May be asked to manage department calendar and sharing responsibilities for ensuring that deadlines are met on a timely basis.
● Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to the attention of the Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Priority Consideration for applications received by May 10, 2021.
Only interviewed candidates will be contacted directly. We reserve the right to modify this posting as needed.
Our firm employees enjoy a competitive and generous benefits package, which includes life, health, dental and vision insurance, a generous retirement savings plan, disability and long term care coverage, flexible spending accounts and parking/commuter benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunities:
Kazan, McClain, Satterley & Greenwood provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kazan, McClain, Satterley & Greenwood complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation.