Principal David McClain, an attorney at Kazan Law since 1983, graduated from the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) in 1969 and University of California Hastings School of Law in 1972.
Mr. McClain has tried mesothelioma cases in each of the last four decades. He has never lost a trial—criminal or civil.
Mr. McClain set a California record for the largest asbestos verdict in 1989, which has subsequently been broken. His last two individual verdicts were 8 figure verdicts including one in early 2014. Mr. McClain has personally negotiated asbestos settlements (including present and future victims of local asbestos distributors) totaling over 5 billion dollars.
He is past president of Alameda-Contra Costa Trial Lawyers Association. Mr. McClain was finalist for Consumer Attorneys of California’s Trial Lawyer of the Year in 2004.
He is president of the Kazanlaw Foundation which has made donations of over $20 million to organizations committed to improving the lives of the less fortunate, including over $6 million towards mesothelioma research.
- Hastings College of the Law, University of California (J.D., 1972), member of the Thurston Society (top 5%)
- University of California at Los Angeles (B.A., 1969)
Bar and Court Admissions
- California (1972)
- Alameda-Contra Costa Trial Lawyers Association (President 1996 and member of the Board of Governors since 1987)
- American Association for Justice
- Asbestos Litigation Group
- National Lawyers Guild
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Alameda County Bar Association
- California State Bar Association