Kazan Law Seeks New Associate Attorneys
Kazan, McClain, Satterley & Greenwood, a Professional Law Corporation, has represented thousands of people suffering from the effects of asbestos related illnesses, particularly mesothelioma, since 1974. We are nationally recognized pioneers in asbestos litigation and currently interviewing Associate Attorneys to join our Oakland, California based team.
New Associate Attorneys will work in our Case Management department along with other members of an assigned team under the supervision of a senior Attorney or Partner.
Mesothelioma Attorneys: Job Requirements of a New Associate
All Associates must be active members in good standing of the California State Bar. Other requirements include:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing (including email), with colleagues, court personnel, co-workers, clients and defense lawyers and law firms.
- Knowledge of legal research methods, legal principles and their application.
- Ability to analyze facts, and apply legal principles and precedents to legal problems.
- Ability to effectively handle discovery matters.
- Ability to present statements of fact, law and argument clearly and logically.
- Ability to prepare correspondence involving the explanation of legal matters.
- Ability to analyze situations accurately and plan an effective course of action.
- Possession of basic trial skills.
- Ability to work collegially with partners, associates and staff.
Mesothelioma Attorney’s Job Duties and Responsibilities
Depending on the job level and applicant’s experience, the Associate Attorney may perform all or any of the duties described below.
Associate Attorney Level I
- Conducts litigation activities, advises clients as to legal rights and practices other phases of law.
- Gathers evidence in civil cases to formulate, initiate and prosecute legal action.
- Conducts research; interviews clients and witnesses; drafts legal documents; prepares lay and expert witnesses; and handles, where necessary, all other details in preparation for trial or hearings.
- Prepares legal briefs interpreting laws, rulings, and regulations, develops strategy, arguments, and testimony in preparation for presentation of case.
- Develops ability to manage a case and handle discovery.
- Represents clients in court.
- Participates as a member of the legal team, to ensure quality performance of the team.
- Employs interpersonal skills to build good working relationships with staff and other attorneys.
Associate Attorney Level II
In addition to the above, an Associate Attorney Level II will be expected to:
- Take and defend depositions
- Manage a caseload, independently, with minimal or no supervision.
- Fill in for Supervising Attorneys, if necessary, and manage the work of other Associate Attorneys.
- Possess advanced trial skills, law & motion, and/or appellate advocacy expertise.
- Move cases from pre-trial to trial readiness.
- Participate in trials as second chair.
How to Apply for a New Associate Position
Interested candidates should send a resume to the attention of the Human Resources Manager at HRM@kazanlaw.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kazan, McClain, Satterley & Greenwood provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kazan, McClain, Satterley & Greenwood complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.