UPDATED: June 26, 2019
Kazan, McClain, Satterley & Greenwood, a Professional Law Corporation, has represented thousands of people suffering from the effects of asbestos related illnesses, particularly mesothelioma, since 1974. We are nationally recognized pioneers in asbestos litigation and currently interviewing Legal Assistants to join our Oakland, California based team.
The Legal Assistants provides a broad range of support to supervising attorneys and paralegals by performing a wide range of administrative and clerical duties.
- Exceptional attention to detail, organization, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and handle numerous tasks in a fast paced environment while engaged in the management of multiple cases.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet statutory, time and content sensitive deadlines.
- Computer literacy of software programs including Outlook, Word, Summation, Excel and others required.
- Prior experience working in a legal environment strongly desired.
- Demonstrated outstanding performance as a legal assistant preferred.
- Certificate or Degree from an accredited post-secondary institution that requires a minimum of 24 semester units in law-related courses; or
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree with a minimum of one year of law-related experience under the supervision of an attorney and a written declaration from the supervising attorney attesting to qualifications; or
- High school diploma or GED, minimum of 3 years of law related experience and a written declaration from the attorney attesting to qualifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists Paralegals in organizing case files and records maintenance;
- Data entry into respective databases;
- Organize and summarizes records as needed;
- Assists with drafting responses to discovery requests, letters and subpoenas as necessary;
- Assists in trial preparations and conducting various research;
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a resume to the attention of the Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Priority Consideration for applications received by July 15, 2019.
Only interviewed candidates will be contacted directly. We reserve the right to modify this posting as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunities:
Kazan, McClain, Satterley & Greenwood provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kazan, McClain, Satterley & Greenwood complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.