Santa Clara County Mesothelioma Lawyers
Many mesothelioma lawsuits arise from exposure to asbestos in and around Santa Clara County, over the years and many different worksites and facilities from many different kinds of products.
SANTA CLARA, CALIFORNIA COUNTY OVERVIEW
The Santa Clara County mesothelioma lawyers practice in Santa Clara County, which is located at the southern end of the San Francisco Bay and encompasses 1,312 square miles. The Santa Clara County Valley stretches from north to south and is surrounded by hills on the east, known as the Diablo Range, and the Santa Cruz Mountains on the west. It borders San Mateo, Alameda, Stanislaus, Merced, San Benito, and Santa Cruz counties.
Santa Clara County is the 6th most populated county in California. Based on the 2010 census, the population was recorded at 1,781,642.
Santa Clara County hosts a plethora of cities and towns. The largest city and county seat is San Jose, home to over one million people. Other Santa Clara County cities include Campbell, Cupertino, Gilroy, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Los Gatos, Milpitas, Monte Sereno, Morgan Hill, Mountain View, Palo Alto, Santa Clara, Saratoga and Sunnyvale.
- Los Altos
- Los Altos Hills
- Los Gatos
- Monte Sereno
- Morgan Hill
- Mountain View
- Palo Alto
- San Jose
- Santa Clara
Founded in 1850, Santa Clara County, California, is now home to the area often referred to as “Silicon Valley.” The county is unique not only for its physical attractiveness, but for of its economic diversity as well. Santa Clara County has long been considered one of the best areas to live and work in the United States. Santa Clara County was known as the Valley of Heart’s Delight because of its volume of flowering trees and plant life; and up until the 1960s, with 39 canneries in the county, it was the largest fruit-producing and packing region in the world.
Today, Santa Clara County provides over a quarter of all jobs in the California Bay Area, attracting people from around the world, adding to Santa Clara County’s cultural diversity and aptitudes (more than 100 languages and dialects are spoken). Santa Clara County is also home to three major universities: Santa Clara University, San Jose State University and Stanford University, where some of the brightest minds and pioneers in mesothelioma research study.
Santa Clara County mesothelioma lawsuits can be filed in the civil court system at the Santa Clara County Courthouse at 1095 Homestead Road, in the city of Santa Clara. Plaintiffs in Santa Clara County mesothelioma lawsuits are often entitled to preference on the court’s trial calendars because Santa Clara County mesothelioma lawsuits are designated as complex litigation, meaning a case gets to trial and resolution rather quickly.
PREVALENCE OF SANTA CLARA COUNTY MESOTHELIOMA LAWSUITS
The Santa Clara County mesothelioma lawyers at Kazan, McClain, Satterley and Greenwood bring many lawsuits involving asbestos exposure in the county. Between 1999-2017, in Santa Clara County alone, there have been a recorded 1,122 asbestos related deaths, averaging almost 60 deaths a year.
Exposure to asbestos in the country is one of the main factors in many Santa Clara County lawsuits. The county has a diverse economic background varying from high-tech start-ups to packing, automotive, industrial and manufacturing companies. Historically many of these companies used asbestos, whether it was the products or the equipment they used.
Santa Clara County Mesothelioma Lawsuits have been brought based on asbestos exposure that occurred at many specific worksites around the county:
- 84 Lumber Hardware Store, San Jose – Lumber Yard
- Air Products & Chemicals, Mountain View – Chemical Plant
- Air Products & Chemicals, Santa Clara – Chemical Plant
- Barron Gray Packing, San Jose – Food Processing Plant
- Beechnut Food, San Jose – Food Processing Plant
- CertainTeed Asbestos Cement Pipe Plant, Santa Clara – Manufacturing
- Container Corporation, Santa Clara – Manufacturing
- Color Tile – Retail Sales
- El Camino Hospital, Mountain View – Construction
- EPRI (Electric Products Research Institute), Palo Alto Research/Manufacturing
- EBMUD Filter Plant – Utilities
- El Camino Hospital – Construction
- Ford Plant, Milpitas, CA – Manufacturing
- Gangi Bros Packing, San Jose – Food Processing Plant
- Gas/Service station in Los Altos, CA – Auto Repair
- General Electric, San Jose – Electrical Repair
- Hawaiian Pineapple Packing, San Jose – Food Processing Plant
- Hewlett-Packard, (various throughout county) – Manufacturing
- Hill Brothers, San Jose – Manufacturing
- IBM, San Jose, CA – Research/Manufacturing
- International Paper Company, San Jose – Manufacturing
- Kaiser Cement Corporation plant, Cupertino, CA – Manufacturing
- Kaiser Research, Cupertino – Research Facility
- Leasing Systems, San Jose – Truck Repair
- Lockheed Martin, Sunnyvale – Aerospace
- Market Whole Grocery, San Jose – Truck Repair
- Memorex Company – Manufacturing
- Moffett Field, Santa Clara County, CA – Military Facility
- Monsanto, Santa Clara – Chemical Plant
- NASA/Ames Research Center, Mountain View – Military Facility
- Rollins Truck Leasing, San Jose – Truck Repair
- Rucker & Kolls’ (R&K) facility, Mountain View – Manufacturing
- San Jose Airport – Construction
- San Jose Canning Co. – San Jose – Food Processing
- San Jose Community Bank – Construction
- San Jose Water Company, San Jose – Utility
- San Jose/Santa Clara Water Pollution Control plant, Milpitas, CA – Utility
- San Jose State University – Construction
- Santa Clara Kaiser Hospital – Construction
- Schieckl Canning Co., Sunnyvale – Food Processing
- Sears Automotive Center, Mountain View – Auto Repair and Sales
- Specialty Truck Parts, San Jose – Truck Repair
- Stanford Hospital, Santa Clara County – Construction
- Stanford University – Palo Alto – Construction
- Sun Garden Packing Company – San Jose – Food Processing Plant
- Syntex Drug Company, Palo Alto – Manufacturing
- Varian, Palo Alto – Manufacturing
- Veterans Hospital, Palo Alto – Construction
- West Valley Construction – Construction
- Westinghouse Electric Corp, Sunnyvale – Electrical Repair & Manufacturing
Santa Clara County mesothelioma cases involve different kinds of workers being exposed to asbestos in a wide range of jobs, including:
- Construction Workers
- Flooring Installers
- Foundry Workers
- Home Repair
- HVAC Repair
- Iron Workers
- Machine Operators
- Marine Engineers
- Pipe Installation
- Public Works projects
- Sheetmetal Workers
- Vehicle Repair
The Santa Clara County mesothelioma lawyers at Kazan, McClain, Satterley & Greenwood have successfully brought many cases arising from exposure to asbestos at many types of worksites in the county:
- automobile plants
- chemical plants
- construction sites
- electric companies
- food-processing plants
- grocery retailers
- lumber yards
- manufacturing plants
- military facilities
- Navy ships
- oil refineries
Another aspect to Santa Clara County mesothelioma cases is on behalf of a family member who may not have been directly exposed to asbestos, but were exposed to “take home” asbestos brought home by a loved one from work, either on the person or their clothes. The Kazan firm has been successful in bringing many of these “take home” mesothelioma lawsuits to fruition.
Santa Clara County has a number of top-notch hospital and state-of-the-art medical centers, most notably Stanford Medical Center, where asbestos exposed workers have received treatment. Many experts and pioneers in treating mesothelioma cases practice in Santa Clara County. These Santa Clara County Mesothelioma treatment facilities include:
- Kaiser Permanente (Campbell, Gilroy, Milpitas, Mountain View, San Jose, Santa Clara)
- University of California Health Care: UCSF (San Jose)
- Veterans Affairs Medical Center (Palo Alto)
- Veterans Affairs Clinic (San Jose)
- Stanford Health Care (San Jose, Palo Alto, Los Gatos, Mountain View)
- Sutter Health (Palo Alto, Los Altos, Los Gatos, Mountain View, Milpitas, San Jose, Santa Clara, Sunnyvale)
EXPERIENCE OF SANTA CLARA COUNTY MESOTHELIOMA LAWYERS
Many successful Santa Clara County mesothelioma lawsuits have been brought by the mesothelioma lawyers at Kazan McClain, Satterley & Greenwood on behalf of workers exposed to asbestos in the county.
The Kazan firm’s offices are located in the city of Oakland, just up the road from the Santa Clara County courthouse. Because of the location of these offices, the attorneys are able to file and prosecute cases in the county without difficulty.
For over 40 years, the Santa Clara County mesothelioma law firm of Kazan, McClain, Satterley and Greenwood has recovered over $4 billion in jury verdicts and settlements in mesothelioma cases arising throughout California, including in Santa Clara County.
CONTACT THE SANTA CLARA COUNTY MESOTHELIOMA LAWYERS
The Santa Clara County Mesothelioma Lawyers at Kazan McClain, Satterley & Greenwood bring decades of expertise and success to the table, and are dedicated to fight for the claim of you or your loved one affected by mesothelioma via asbestos exposure in Santa Clara County. We can be reached around the clock. To get a free consultation with one of our mesothelioma attorneys, please call 1-888-887-1238, fill out the form on this page or use our live chat widget.