DENISE ABRAMS, Partner
Denise Abrams spent 18 years as a principal at Kazan Law until deciding to devote a majority of her time to pro bono practice from 2009-2012. Ms. Abrams remained involved in asbestos litigation on the firm’s behalf, and in January 2013, fully resumed her asbestos practice. She has been a mentor to Kazan Law attorneys throughout the years.
Prior to going to law school Ms. Abrams taught sociology and women’s studies at the University of Maryland and Antioch College in Ohio. She was led to practice law following a desire for her work to benefit people more directly than she felt was possible as an academic. Ms. Abrams joined Kazan Law as a law clerk in 1984 and subsequently became an associate and then principal.
- Boalt Hall School of Law, University of California (J.D., 1986)
- University of Rhode Island (B.A., 1972)
- University of Maryland (M.A., 1975, Ph.D., 1983.)
- California (1986)
- Worksafe Officer and Board Member
- East Bay Community Law Center Board Vice-Chair
- Gender and Refugee Studies Board Member
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice
- National Lawyers Guild
- American Association for Justice
- Consumers Attorneys of California
- California State Bar Association
- American Bar Association