TED W. PELLETIER, Partner
Ted W. Pelletier joined Kazan Law in 2013, as of counsel to manage the appellate and motion department. He became a partner in the firm in January 2016. Mr. Pelletier brings to his practice over 17 years of experience, handling dozens of appeals in the California Courts of Appeal and California Supreme Court, representing many injured consumers, including those with asbestos-related illnesses.
Since joining Kazan Law, Mr. Pelletier has successfully represented asbestos plaintiffs in many landmark Supreme Court and appellate court cases. Mr. Pelletier’s cases included Scott v. Ford Motor Co, which affirmed the plaintiff’s verdict and obtained reversal on dismissal of punitive-damages claim, Hellam v. Crane Co., which affirmed the plaintiff’s verdict and post-judgment settlement-credit issues, and Johnson v. U.S. Steel, which reversed summary judgment for benzene product defendant.
Mr. Pelletier actively participates in Kazan Law’s trials, leading the firm’s briefing on legal issues including evidentiary issues, jury instructions, and post-trial matters. In the appellate courts, he currently represents asbestos plaintiffs in several matters, including in the California Supreme Court in Webb v. Special Electric Co. In 2014, Mr. Pelletier associated in the representation of the plaintiffs in Kesner v. Pneumo Abex, obtaining a reversal of the judgment of nonsuit in the appellate court and is now acting as lead appellate counsel in the California Supreme Court.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law (J.D., Cum Laude, 1994), Order of the Coif, Thurston Society, American Jurisprudence Award for Appellate Process; extern to the Honorable Fern Smith, Northern District of California
- University of California at Santa Barbara, (B.A. with honors 1989)
Bar and Court Admissions
- State Bar of California (1994)
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals (1995)
- Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States (2010)
PHILIP A. HARLEY
TED W. PELLETIER
Of CounselFRANCES SCHREIBERG
MICHAEL T. STEWART